Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A SIM card

My cell reception at home is very sporatic, I  installed digial booster, not much improvement. The T mobile technician said, no, you need Cell spot booster, not the digital ones. So I changed the units and even went out to get a new phone. It seems to work a few days after the new gadget arrived, but now, back to the same old comments I got... "Hey, Jennie, you are in and out of your phone conversation." My husband would say "Ling, why didn't you pick up your phone and my call to you always went to your voice mail." Or I missed important calls from my doctor's office. I about had it, ready to switch out of T mobile.

I decided to call the technical dept again, I am sure they had records of all my phone calls in the last few months. The rep. was very polite, "Ms. Li, let me look into your account and try to help you." I was put on hold for long while for her to read my record and she came back to tell me everything checked out ok, but only one thing you need to do. I thought I think iI had heard this phrase many times before. Only one thing? what is the one thing? She said, please go to to a local store to get a new SIM card. Your card is too old and cannot receive signal properly. What????

I went to the store, familiar faces there, they are so tired of seeing this grey hair lady coming in. But I told them what the rep told me, check my record, and Susan, the last technical support had put a note to my account to issue me a new SIM card. I asked the store rep. why a new SIM card? he shrugged and said, " it is too old, is not functioning or receving signal properly." Good thing he is talking about my SIM card, not me.

Now. this makes me thinking, so often, my conncection with the Lord became so old, I relied on other "knowledge" and "technology" to help me understand or proceed with life without really being connected to my heavenly Father. No wonder I have dropped calls, didn't hear it ring, went into voice mail and never even knew there is a voice mail msg there waiting for me.

Oh, heavenly Father, forgive me for being so distracted by all the other things around without getting to the right connection. Pray that my daily time with you will be refreshing, sweet and full of life from you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment