Friday, September 4, 2015

Blood factor

Psalms 139: 13-16 " For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depth of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All days ordained for me were written in your book, before one of them came to be." 
In these past few months, I learned many facts about blood in my system. Though I have some medical training, but blood is definitely not my interest. When my blood work became unbalanced, it affects so many other organs and energy level. In another words, good blood sustain life and give us energy, as simple as that. With chemo, my bad white count goes down which is very promising, but at the same time, I also lose my red blood cells. The doctor was very puzzled and ordered blood transfusion. Even with the additional blood, my red cell continues to drop and finally was stabilized as a result of many prayers. I am so thankful for all the prayer support from people near and far, many of them I have never met, but only through our daughters and friends and family. This makes me think one step deeper…. As I serve as an “online missionary” through an organization, my job was to walk people through the new found faith they discovered through the various web sites. One of the reminder that I send to them is always encourage them to find a faith base community to plug themselves in, learn from others and let others step in to help him/her grow in this spiritual journey. Life could have ups and down, but surround yourself with friends of same faith to be held accountable and learn from one another. Just like I need that two units of someone else’s blood to boost up my count and grant me energy. I am thankful to those who took time to donate their precious blood to help us who are in need. Indeed I am fearfully and wonderfully made by my creator, Hallelujah!!

1 comment:

  1. Jennie,

    这两天在看崔牧师推荐的由Henri Nouwen写的一本书“The Return of the Prodigal Son" ,非常精彩和深刻,我也有很多的共鸣,强烈推荐你也借来看一下,我是从Seattle Public Library 借的,很快就借到了。因为很喜欢,所以买了一本保留。
    我也常常想着你现在所经历的一切,求神加添你的力量,身体上的,精神上的,情感上的,让你每一天都感受到神的触摸,听到祂的声音。

    ReplyDelete