Thursday, October 15, 2015

Does God honor our prayers?

Oct. 12 2015 was a memorable day. As usual Monday morning came around, Hin sing and I were in the hospital waiting for blood drawn, doctor's appointment and the chemo Rx if the blood is ok. This seemed to be a weekly routine now for these few weeks. Well, it turned out that my blood is still not good enough for chemo, after consulting with other hematologists, my doctor decided to hold off my chemo treatment "all together" for the time being. We will proceed to have a bone marrow test next week just to find out what is stopping the marrow producing the good blood. We are at peace with this proposal.

Through out the day, I got calls from our daughter, Erin, to update me about her mother in law, Susannas' condition. She was battling her last stage of bile duct cancer for just more than a year now. Through out the process, esp. during these last few weeks, we called and encouraged each other and prayed for one another during our various journeys. I treasured the time we had together, I got to know her ever since our children started dating and found her to be a woman of great faith. Her life has been a great testimony of God's faithfulness and grace. The Lord took her home on Monday night, the same day I got my message of no more chemo. How ironic that is.

My doctor was very puzzled with my condition, but I kept telling him many people are praying for me, and I am in good hand. On the other hand, many people were also praying for Susanna, does it mean God does not honor those prayers for her? Ryan (our son in law) sent us this video of his mom giving her testimony during one of the church service. I believe she has a great answer to this question.
Susanna Dayala's Testimony

May all our lives be a true testimony for our Lord, one day when we meet Him face to face, He would welcome us as His faithful servants. I also pray that our lives will leave a great legacy for our children to remain faithful, be a living testimony for our Lord Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment